Doodlebug is reminiscent of being a child in a Sweets Shop. The delicious colours and assortments of embellishments makes it almost impossible to choose what to use first. It’s certainly a problem I love having!
My life is a simple life compared to most, I’m a farmer’s wife and mother of two farm kids in rural Victoria, Australia. I started to scrapping just over two years ago to fill a void in the late evenings. I never imagined I would get caught up in this amazing craft and meet such wonderful people from all over the globe.
Fun Facts about Melinda:
- What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? What’s an iPod??? Just kidding, but no I don’t own one, I still play my music from CD’s, tapes and vinyl records. I don’t have a favourite song because I tend to wear them out and then never want to listen to them again so I listen to a variety of music although my all time favourite band is Queen.
- If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? The farmer (my husband), he is the smartest person I know and I learn everything from him. Thank goodness I know he will never read this or I wouldn’t be able to deal with the pumpkin size head.
- What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? The final book and movie in the Harry Potter series… cried most of the way through both.
- What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? A memorable gift was given to me on my 25th birthday. The farmer and I were travelling down the Nile River in Egypt for three days on a faluca boat. He gave me three small blocks of Cadbury plain chocolate which doesn’t sound much, but we hadn’t seen chocolate for almost six months and it tasted heavenly. Of course, the simple things mean the most. ☺
- What is one thing that most people wouldn’t guess about you? I’m terribly insecure and my closest friends have had to teach me how to take a compliment. I wasn’t a very good student.
Here's some of Melinda's Projects:
Visit Melinda's Blog: http://thescrapfarm.blogspot.com