I have long loved Doodlebug Design and their products. I am sure what drew me in first, many years ago, was the color. The basic, bright rainbow shades and the whimsy patterns still catch my creative eye, so does their timeless appeal. That being said, my favorite Doodlebug products include the alphabet stickers [such cute fonts!], paper frills, brads, buttons, paper and glitter --- in a rainbow of colors!
My family --- my two cute K-kiddos, my artsy fartsy husband and myself --- live in an old country home in the middle of rural central Texas. By day, I am a paper pusher of procedures and publications, but by night I push around pretty patterned papers and a bottle of glue. Seriously, I am a madwoman ---- momma, wife, Cub Scout den leader, boo-boo kisser, reading buddy, dishwasher, homework mentor, toilet scrubber, paper crafter, craft buddy, mess picker-upper, memory recorder, sword fighter, hip-hip-hoorayer and artist.
Fun Facts about Sherry:
- What did you do growing up that got you into trouble? I don’t remember ever getting in official trouble over this, but I know my parents must’ve known that my siblings and I used to wreck the house while they were gone bowling. Every couch cushion ended up in a row with sheets to build a fort and tunnel. We even used the wooden hallway as a bowling lane --- with real pins and a real bowling ball. Yikes.
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Folding clothes. But, it is a fair trade because my husband is in charge of washing and drying.
- If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be? One project --- a renovation of our adjoining kitchen and dining room, which also houses my happy scrappy area. It is a multi-purpose room, and is the house’s busiest room, but just the thought of having to peel wallpaper from every surface makes me cringe. But, this fall, I might tackle it with some beadboard and make it the happiest room in the house. One paper project --- scrapbook my family’s collection of school photos. I just think that shows awesome growth of a child through the years [and all those lovely hairstyles and high fashion choices].
- What is one of your favorite quotes? Smile. It improves your face value.
- What is one thing that most people wouldn’t guess about you? That my sister Sharon and I are twins. We could easily be the girl version of the movie Twins. Total opposites. Or, that I used to be very shy.
Here's some of Sherry's Projects: