What’s NOT to love??? I LOVE it all!! the bright colors, the patterns, the designs, all the embellishments, the fibers, the letter stickers, everything!!!!
I live in The Netherlands together with my husband of 15 years and 3 wonderful kids: 1 daughter (14) and 2 sons (12 and 6), 1 dog & 2 rabbits. It will be no surprise that they are the main focus of my scrapbooking! I started scrapbooking about 8 years ago and am totally addicted! Ever since I have my own little scrap corner in our living room I scrap every free minute I have!! My other hobbies are reading (in English), crafting (knitting, "playing" with fabrics, etc.), photography, (listening to) music, travelling and walking. I work part-time in a little HR office here in town, I'm a volunteer at my kids' school library and I sometimes help out in my local scrapbook store.
Fun Facts about Monique:
- What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? To be honest, I don’t have an iPod. Instead I listen to the radio every minute of the day, even in the office. I love to listen to Alan Parsons, Everything but the girl, Robby Williams, Lady Antebellum, Michael Bublé & Faith Hill, Abba, Shania Twain, Shakira … to name a few.
- What did you do growing up that got you into trouble? I’m a very impulse type of person, especially when I was young. Often I would just say what I thought and people didn’t always like that and got angry with me. Nowadays I’m much better; I learned to count to 10 first!
- If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Pippi Longstocking!! I would love to live so carefree and of course I love the orange hair!
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing? I hate cleaning the windows, I only do them when I can’t look through them anymore ☺.
- If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
- Christine Middlecamp; I absolutely adore her style and her ability to combine so many bright and cheerful details on one page and still manage to give it a “clean and organized” look!
- What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? I think that must have been the last Harry Potter movie (when Snape died). But I cry very easily, sometimes I even cry watching the evening news ☺.
- If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be? That would be one huge mini-album! I LOVE mini-albums!!
- What is one of your favorite quotes? Live Life, Laugh Lots, Love Forever.
- What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? The best gift are definitely my 3 kids, nothing comes close! The worst gift was when there was only 1 present underneath the Christmas tree for me and when I opened it, it was a knife grinder!!
- What is one thing that most people wouldn’t guess about you? Promise me you won’t tell …. but I believed in the Easter Bunny until I was 12 years old!!!
Here's some of Monique's Projects:
Visit Monique's Blog: http://moniquesscrapbook.blogspot.com