Hi Doodlebug fans! Here’s Monique with today’s Tuesday Tutorial! This week the design team was challenged to use a card of our choice from Doodlebug’s terrific “Create-A-Card” collection and create something other than “just” a card. So that’s what I did and I created this darling little Door Hanger:
Let me show you how I created this Door Hanger:
1. Start with assembling your supplies:
Supplies needed: Create-A-Card (slim filigree assortment), Crushed Velvet Cardstock, La-Di-Dot Cardstock, scraps of patterned paper (I used Petite Prints, Sweet Cakes and Classic), Doodle-Pops (So Tweet), Cardstock Alphabet Stickers (Shin-Dig), Boutique Brads (Birthday Assortment), Doodle Twine (Primary Assortment) and some buttons.
2. Assemble your tools:
Tools: Trimmer, Circle Punch (2 ½”), Coluzzle and pencil.
3. Take your card, flip open and measure the width. Trim a strip of your La-Di-Dot crushed velvet cardstock just a fraction smaller than the card.
4. Use your circle punch to punch a 2 ½” hole in your strip of crushed velvet cardstock (position your punch at the top of the strip).
5. Flip the card over and draw a circle on the back of your card (using the circle you just punched) like this:
6. Use your Coluzzle to cut out the circle from your card:
7. Decorate the strip of crushed velvet cardstock BEFORE you adhere it to your card base (so the Door Hanger won’t have brads etc sticking out the back!). Then when you’re finished decorating adhere the strip to your card base and you’re done! Easy Peasy!