For this project, I used a rainbow of card bases and envelopes to make a perpetual calendar of birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions, all bound together with spiral coils. I created a pocket for each month and tucked in a list of special dates for that particular month.
Let's take a look at August's page.
- Turn the limeade square grid card base inside out, so the grid is now on the outside. It is such a simple pattern for the base of our page.
- Use tape on bottom to create pocket. Left side did not need any tape since it would be closed by the coil; right side is the fold of the card.
- Place rainbow sticker onto the page, tilted just a bit s that the clouds on either side do not line up perfectly.
- Punch clouds from paper, die cuts or even Doodlebug packaging.
- On one cloud, adhere fringe to the bottom to add some texture and dimension. Sprinkle hearts below the other cloud punch to mimic raindrops.
- Add stitching.
- On the tab, use letter stickers for month and add flower fancy frills below.
- The book could be bound with book rings instead of spiral.
- Monthly cards/envelopes could be kept in tray, instead of binding.
- Instead of making pockets, special dates could be written directly on the card or envelope.
- mini album
- coupon organizer
- special monthly notes
- hidden journaling on a layout
So, the next time you see the cards at your local scrapbook store, dream up some ideas for ways to use them beyond cards. Happy creating!
Create-a-card : paisley card, swimming pool
doodle twine, bubblegum
cake & ice cream sugar coated cardstock stickers
cake & ice cream sugar coated fancy frills stickers
boutique button, bubblegum
hopscotch alphabet stickers, bubblegum and limeade
sugar coated brads, limeade
Create-a-card : square grid, limeade
feeling groovy cardstock sticker
paper frills [fringe], bubblegum
paper frills [flowers], limeade