Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Hello Sunshine: Bloom Altered Project by Jennifer Beason

Hello Doodlebug fans! Jennifer here to share an altered project I made using one of my favorite collections, Hello Sunshine. The inspiration and letters, for this project started with this silhouette file.
Here's how it was done. 
  • Using the Silhouette, the letters B,L and M were cut out of chipboard. To make the letters 3D, I cut them out about twelve times each and glued them together. 
  • The sides of the letters were then covered with paper. 
  • Next, patterned paper letters were cut out and hand stitched.
  • The paper letters were then glued the surface of the chipboard letters, as shown in pic.4.
  • Grass border pieces were cut out then glued along the bottom of each letter, as shown.
  • For the base of the project a 3"x10" wooden box lid was used. The lid was covered with patterned paper on the top and sides. Some more grass borders were cut then applied to the sides and front. Next a mini wood fence was painted and covered with paper. The fence was then attached to the base. More grass borders were applied to the back of the fence.
  • Bug, flower and letter stickers were then used to embellish the front and sides of the base.
  • To add some dimension to the wheelbarrow sticker, I traced the bottom green section, then cut it out of chipboard. It was covered with matching paper then glued on top of the sticker. Flowers from the Bright Bouquet doodle pops sticker, were also used for added dimension.
  • Instead of the flowers from the Silhouette file, I decided to use some large chipboard scalloped circles, along with flowers from the Spring Flowers Craft Kit, Fun Flower Doodle Pops and some additional chipboard circles.
  • The flower pieces were layered together and pixie sticks used as stems.
  • To attach the flowers to the Pixie stems, hot glue was used. In pic. 11 you can see a chipboard circle was also glued to the back of the flower to keep it looking neat.
  • Small holes were drilled into the base and the flower stems were pushed through. Hot glue was used underneath the lid to hold the flowers in place. Leaves from the craft kit were then glued onto the stems. 
  • The letters were hot glued onto the base and and some fun flower stickers and Sprinkles were added around the base, for added color.
 Here are some close ups of the finished piece.
Happy crafting! Jennifer


  1. Wow Jennifer -- this is just wonderful!

  2. Fabulous Jennifer!!!! Great tutorial!

  3. Beautiful, beautiful!! I love it, Your hands make magic Jennifer!!!

  4. WOW! This is so incredible! Love your attention to the little details! :)

  5. Wow how beautiful ready for spring

  6. Oh too cute! Pinned
    at this address:
    Carla from Utah

  7. This is just so cute and fun, LOVE IT!!

  8. W O W - this is BLOOMing BEAUTIFUL - LOVE IT ALL Jennifer!!!

    THANK YOU for sharing!!!

  9. Wow! This is such an awesome project! Thank you for sharing!

  10. This is absolutely fabulous, so bright and cheerful

  11. OH MY FREAKING CUTENESS!!!! Boom - my mind is completely and totally blown by this awesome creation!!!! Love it and think you are super amazing!!!!

  12. Wow, fabulous project!! Thank you for sharing!


Pin It button on image hover