Do you decorate your home for each holiday? Do you decorate for Halloween? I will admit that I am not a big Halloween decorator. This year, though, i will turn it around. I purchased some doodads for the front porch and made a sweet little shadow box for the inside.
To start things, I used a purchased shadow box that I purchased a couple years back from the dollar store. It has seen many facelifts during those years, but mostly a fresh coat of paint. It has also been home to coins, embellishments, buttons, beads, hairbows and any other little thing my daughter could fit in the squares.
The first thing I did was give it a fresh coat of black [it was turquoise].
Then, I mapped out my plan for this sweet box. I drew a quick sketch, knowing that I wanted something on top and in each cubby. I also used the new haunted manor collection of papers, cutting them slightly smaller than the two square inch boxes. I moved the squares around until I liked the composition of colors.
Now, let the fun begin!
I wanted to dress up this little owl, but kept in mind that he would be freestanding so he couldn’t be too heavy. I added a wiggle eye and a black jewel. Perfect dimension.
Here’s a quick recap of the squares shown in this photo:
- I cut OCT 31 from the ----------- paper. I coated the numbers with Glossy Accents and sprinkled with glitter.
- I cut the prongs off the spidies braddies [jewel brads] and attached with dimensional glue dot. Then, I added a mini doodle-pop spider, decorated with black jewels, on the front.
- I made the fence free standing by creasing about 1/8” up from the bottom, attaching it the bottom of the square.
- Ghost sticker attached with foam tape.
- Skull sticker attached to die cut tag. Eyes are star sticker and black jewel.
Are you going to crafty up a happy scrappy Halloween?
haunted manor collection | frames , icon and party banner cardstock stickers; going batty, cob webs, night owls, spooky type, spook-a-dot, gallery of ghouls and tombstones patterned double-sided cardstock; haunted manor cute cuts; spooky town mini jewels; Halloween mini pearls; Halloween jewels; spidies and wise guys mini-pops; spidies braddies; and doodle twine