Having a new baby boy in the house made the Snips & Snails Collection oh so tempting to me, with all it's cute papers and embellishments it was super easy to put this collection to good use.
I was excited when the colors matched the nursery perfectly so I wanted to make something
Doodlebug to display in there for him to look at.
It's a very simple project and didn't require many supplies at all.
Let's get started...
- First cut the nursery stripe double sided cardstock into a 7x7 inch square, and set aside.
- Then using a die cut machine cut your scallop border to 6x6.
- Removing the center piece and trimming the outside shape to 7x7 making sure it is equal on all sides. Place foam dots on backside of your border piece.
- Adhere it to your 7x7 square piece of nursery stripe double sided card stock.
- Now for the sailboat, I just cut the shapes to make it by hand but you can also use a die cut machine. (if making on a smaller scale, you can always just use the sailboat sticker to make things easier).
- I wanted my sailboat to look like the one on the Snipe & Snails Icons cardstock stickers sheet so I just went with the papers in the 6x6 pad that matched the closest. Once you have your shapes, piece together your sailboat and circle. Then sew around the circle and desired areas of the boat and add your flag.
- On reverse side of your boat circle place your foam dots to make it pop up. Make your banner using the 6x6 paper pad then place the word "Boat" on it using Doodlebug alphabet stickers, or cutting then with the die cut machine like I did here using the matching paper also from the Snips and Snails 6x6 paper pad.
- Adhere boat banner first to your 7x7 square so it is easier to center your circle. Now place it in your 7x7 wood frame ( I just used one that I had around the house) and you're finished!
Thanks for stopping by to visit today, hope you enjoyed it!