Today it's my turn (Monique) to show you a project of mine made with the gorgeous "Sweet Cakes" line!
As soon as I laid my eyes on this happy & romantic line ideas started popping in. Apart from making layouts (what I usually do) there are so many home decor items you can use this line for! Here's one I really love:
Here in The Netherlands the winter has been very grey and rainy and a bouquet like this always manages to cheer me up!
If you want to give it a try too, here's what you do:
* Gather your supplies: Doodlebug's Sweet Cakes 6x6 Paper Pad, Doodle twine (Valentines and Valentines assortment), Doodlebug buttons and some tools: paper piecer, push pad, scissors, needle, some batting material, pencil & eraser and something to draw hearts (I used an "empty" chipboard frame).
* Place your heart frame on the paper and draw a few hearts:
* Cut out the hearts, place them on top of each other and piece holes along the edge. Take care you don't piece too close to the edge otherwise your paper will tear once you pull the twine through it. Then cut a length of twine and sew around the edge of the heart. Start almost a the bottom, leaving a gap to fill the heart later on and sew your way up, like this:
* Once you reach the top of the heart adhere 2 buttons; one on either side of the heart and make a loop before you start sewing again:
* When you're 3/4 done fill the heart with some filling material:
* I used my scissors to make sure the filling reached all the little corners:
* Continue to sew the heart together and it will look like this:
* Here's what all the hearts looked like together. As there are so many different designs in the paper pad almost all the hearts look different!
And here's how the bouquet looks on my table:
and a close-up:
This is it! I hope you like it and if you decide to give it a try, please link your photo to Doodlebug's blog so we can see yours!
Thanks for visiting Doodlebug's blog today!