Doodlebug is reminiscent of being a child in a Sweets Shop. The delicious colours and assortments of embellishments makes it almost impossible to choose what to use first. It’s certainly a problem I love having!
My life is a simple life compared to most, I’m a farmer’s wife and mother of two farm kids in rural Victoria, Australia. I started to scrapping just over two years ago to fill a void in the late evenings. I never imagined I would get caught up in this amazing craft and meet such wonderful people from all over the globe.
Fun Facts about Melinda:
- What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? What’s an iPod??? Just kidding, but no I don’t own one, I still play my music from CD’s, tapes and vinyl records. I don’t have a favourite song because I tend to wear them out and then never want to listen to them again so I listen to a variety of music although my all time favourite band is Queen.
- If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? The farmer (my husband), he is the smartest person I know and I learn everything from him. Thank goodness I know he will never read this or I wouldn’t be able to deal with the pumpkin size head.
- What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? The final book and movie in the Harry Potter series… cried most of the way through both.
- What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? A memorable gift was given to me on my 25th birthday. The farmer and I were travelling down the Nile River in Egypt for three days on a faluca boat. He gave me three small blocks of Cadbury plain chocolate which doesn’t sound much, but we hadn’t seen chocolate for almost six months and it tasted heavenly. Of course, the simple things mean the most. ☺
- What is one thing that most people wouldn’t guess about you? I’m terribly insecure and my closest friends have had to teach me how to take a compliment. I wasn’t a very good student.
What’s NOT to love??? I LOVE it all!! the bright colors, the patterns, the designs, all the embellishments, the fibers, the letter stickers, everything!!!!
I live in The Netherlands together with my husband of 15 years and 3 wonderful kids: 1 daughter (14) and 2 sons (12 and 6), 1 dog & 2 rabbits. It will be no surprise that they are the main focus of my scrapbooking! I started scrapbooking about 8 years ago and am totally addicted! Ever since I have my own little scrap corner in our living room I scrap every free minute I have!! My other hobbies are reading (in English), crafting (knitting, "playing" with fabrics, etc.), photography, (listening to) music, travelling and walking. I work part-time in a little HR office here in town, I'm a volunteer at my kids' school library and I sometimes help out in my local scrapbook store.
Fun Facts about Monique:
- What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? To be honest, I don’t have an iPod. Instead I listen to the radio every minute of the day, even in the office. I love to listen to Alan Parsons, Everything but the girl, Robby Williams, Lady Antebellum, Michael Bublé & Faith Hill, Abba, Shania Twain, Shakira … to name a few.
- What did you do growing up that got you into trouble? I’m a very impulse type of person, especially when I was young. Often I would just say what I thought and people didn’t always like that and got angry with me. Nowadays I’m much better; I learned to count to 10 first!
- If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Pippi Longstocking!! I would love to live so carefree and of course I love the orange hair!
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing? I hate cleaning the windows, I only do them when I can’t look through them anymore ☺.
- If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
- Christine Middlecamp; I absolutely adore her style and her ability to combine so many bright and cheerful details on one page and still manage to give it a “clean and organized” look!
- What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? I think that must have been the last Harry Potter movie (when Snape died). But I cry very easily, sometimes I even cry watching the evening news ☺.
- If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be? That would be one huge mini-album! I LOVE mini-albums!!
- What is one of your favorite quotes? Live Life, Laugh Lots, Love Forever.
- What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? The best gift are definitely my 3 kids, nothing comes close! The worst gift was when there was only 1 present underneath the Christmas tree for me and when I opened it, it was a knife grinder!!
- What is one thing that most people wouldn’t guess about you? Promise me you won’t tell …. but I believed in the Easter Bunny until I was 12 years old!!!
Nancy Damiano http://www.thepaperorchard.blogspot.com
I love Doodlebug's bold color palettes, cardstock icon stickers and alphabets.
I am a born and bred East Coast girl and currently live in suburban New Jersey with my husband and son. I’m a part-time corporate event planner + full-time mom to a little pip of a boy named Nico who is five. I am passionate about papercrafting, photography and telling my story!
Fun Facts about Nancy:
- If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? My grandmother. She is the strongest and smartest woman I’ve ever known.
- What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? I wasn’t sure I could get through reading The Giving Tree to my son last night. I can be a seriously weepy girl sometimes.
- What is one of your favorite quotes? “Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can."