I kept most of the 2x2 images from the countdown page the same, but a few had to be changed because of color or design issues. Since I planned to have a scene on top of the calendar, I made the large storage box out of foam core.
The scene was drawn out to scale then hand cut out of foam core. The pieces were then covered with patterned paper and glued together.
Some of the die-cuts (like the reindeer, snowman, and mailbox) were mounted to chipboard or foam core, before being added to the advent box.
Twine was used around Santa's hat, face, and mustache. I also used the twine to make two pom-poms for his hat.
Peppermint, candy cane, holly and berry sprinkles were all added throughout the project, as well as round ones.
Here are a few more close-ups of the project, before I go.
Thanks for joining me today. Happy crafting, everyone! :) Jennifer