Here's what you'll need to get started: heart die cuts, alpha stickers (you know you have a ton), washi tape, and baker's twine. Any color, shape, and size will do. For my garland I used goodies from Doodlebug's Lovebirds collection.
Simply punch/die cut some hearts, adhere a washi ruffle to the back, and slap some alpha stickers on the hearts. Adhere the hearts to a piece of baker's twine and you're done!
Here's how I created a ruffle out of washi tape:
1. Apply adhesive around the back edge of the heart.
2. Adhere the washi tape strip to the side and begin making small pleats.
3. Continue making a ruffle all the way around the heart. When you are done, secure the ruffle to the back with a bit of regular ol' Scotch tape. The back won't look pretty, but the front sure will!
While it may be old hat to you, but it took me a while to come up with a good way to stick two pieces of washi tape together. In a nutshell:
- Tape a piece of washi tape sticky side up on your work surface.
- After matching up the patterns, adhere another strip of tape to the one on your work surface. TIP: Slow and steady works best.
- Remove strip from your work surface and remove the tape strips on the ends. Now you have a cute little strip of decorative tape that won't stick to your fingers.
May your Valentine's Day be filled with love!